Labradoodle is a mix of Labrador Retriever and Poodle thus being vulnerable when it comes to feeding. This dog is extremely active, lively and strong as its parents – that means that a Labradoodle needs comprehensive diet with a good deal of proteins to maintain its energy level.
The other side of the coin – this breed is highly prone to food allergies. It is necessary to find the ‘right’ food for your Labradoodle.
In this article we are going to discuss the problem of Labradoodle feeding and give you the names of the best dog food for your Labradoodle.
There are 3 possible diets for a Labradoodle (as for any other dog) for you to choose:
- Raw Food Diet/BARF Diet. It means, that you feed your Labradoodle only with raw food which includes raw meat (poultry, beef, lamb, fish), raw vegetables and dairy products. Pros: such diet is healthy; a dog is less prone to allergies.
- Dry food/kibbles. Pros: very convenient to feed. If you decide to feed your Labradoodle with kibbles, make sure it is of organic nature and is hypoallergenic.
- Home-made food. Means a lot of cooking. Pros: healthy but it takes time. Home-made food is meat porridges, pre-cooked meat (liver) and vegetables, dairy products. Also, a very healthy diet for your Labradoodle.
What Ingredients are Allergenic for Labradoodles?
The dogs may have allergy to the following ingredients of the kibbles:
- chicken (poultry);
- dairy products.
But, in the most cases, Labradoodles have allergy to artificial preservatives and colorings and fillers such as corn or wheat that can be found in any mass-market dog food.
How to Choose the Best Kibbles?
As it was said above, Labradoodles are strong and active dogs – that means, that they need nutrient rich dry food, as well as it should be hypoallergenic.
The best food is organic food (i.e. natural dry food for dogs). These kibbles won’t contain harmful preservatives, fillers and colorings, as well as they will be free of corn, wheat, chicken and other ingredients, that may cause allergy reactions.
We want to recommend you the following dry food for adult active dogs prone to food allergies (will suit the Labradoodles perfectly):
- Wellness Core Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food;
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Dry Adult Dog Food;
- Brothers Complete Turkey Meal and Egg Advanced Allergy Formula;
- Diamond Naturals Dry Food for Puppy, Large Breed Lamb and Rice Formula;
- Acana Regionals Grain-Free;
- Brothers Complete Allergy Formula;
- Holistic Blend Grain Free;
- Orijen Adult;
- Nature’s Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet.
We hope that our article will help you to feed your Labradoodle in the right way to make its life active and healthy.