German shepherds are those dogs that would mostly fit in “K-9 Police Units” for their vast intelligence and impressive strength. But is that really necessary? No, of course not!
German shepherds are also a good addition to your family, a nice friend that will guide you through your daily problems, defend you and just make you happier! They are easy to teach and will obey you in any case.
As for every dog breed, including the shepherds, some pet-holders may want to dress their cute doggies up for multiple occasions and reasons. Let’s see what are the ideas.
So why, and when, do you need to dress up your dog? The answer to the question depends and varies for everyone, and for every circumstance there exists. But here is the list of most popular occasions:
- Dressing the puppies up in a very cold weather. As shepherd babies will have problems with thermal control, it is important to provide it for them. Hence, you can clothe them up from time to time, if the surrounding temperatures dip down too much.
- Parties. Isn’t it funny and nice to sometimes see your dog walking around in a dress, or a nice costume. Though just to make it better for the dog – don’t do that too often – it’s still your friend and a living creature.
- Halloween. This is when all your creativity comes in. Do you want your dog to be batman? Superman? Perhaps a ghost or a zombie? You are absolutely free to dress it up on that October night! And the dog will look very nice, especially with a good costume. And it will definitely be fun.
There are many ideas on how should you dress up your German shepherd, including the ones above. Also, you may find the following very interesting as well:
- Authentic (and fitting) army camouflage. One of the most popular variants. Describes german shepherds’ nature in the most accurate way, and also makes up for a good hunter’s dog look. Imagine your dog wearing the same came as yourself and helping you along the way, sniffing out the environment.
- “Cosplay” costumes. Superheroes, evil super geniuses etc.
- A more useful clothing piece, the “backpack” of sort. You can train your shepherd to transport some useful tools when you are in a forest. Also you can sometimes notice it on army or police dogs as well, in combination with a Kevlar vest and a bulletproof mask.
To round everything up we should note that dog clothing can be used in a variety of ways, ranging from keeping your pet warm to defending it from gunfire.
Whatever fits you the best will end up being a great and useful accessory regardless. Though never take this to the extremes.
German shepherd is mostly not the dog breed that would look usual in a princess outfit – even though that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use it. If you eant it – go on. But it would be used best just as a joke, and nothing more serious than that.
We also warn you, that the dog should not wear anything 24/7 – after all, it is not meant by nature. Your pet may get heated up too much and that may result in a sickness, perhaps fleas and/or irritation of skin. Nonetheless, good luck and thank you for reading.